"Extraordinary properties of ordinary fruit” is an information and promotional campaign organised by the Association of Polish Fruit Growers on the markets of five countries: Poland, Austria, Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic. The products included in the programme include European berries, including strawberries, raspberries, blackcurrant and highbush blueberries. The campaign involves the promotion of the nutritional value and quality of fresh berries.
The programme has the following objectives:
- Growing consumption of berries (kg/person) on the market in Poland, Austria, Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic by 8%,
- Raising awareness of the properties of European berries on the market in Poland, Austria, Sweden, Finland and the Czech Republic by 8%,
The campaign entitled "Extraordinary properties of ordinary fruit". is supported in substance by such branch organisations like:
- The Polish Blueberry Growers Association
- The Polish Strawberry Growers Association
- The Polish Blackcurrant Growers Association
On 28 January 2015, the Association of Polish Fruit Growers entered into an agreement with the AMA for the implementation of a 3-year promotional and information programme about European berries entitled "The unique properties of ordinary fruit". The total budget for the project allocated by a European Commission decision equalled the net amount of € 3,990,232.00. The programme is a part of the CAP mechanism "Information and promotion measures receiving support on markets of selected agricultural products" 50% of which is financed with European Union means and 30% from the national budget. The remaining 20% was obtained by raising its own contribution from the Promotion of Fruit and Vegetables Fund.